These Terms are binding on any use of the Service and apply to You from the time that Sophtron provides You with access to the Service.
By registering to use the Service you acknowledge that You have read and understood these Terms and have the authority to act on behalf of any person for whom You are using the Service. You are deemed to have agreed to these Terms on behalf of any entity for whom you use the Service.
includes all information exchanged between the parties to this Agreement, whether in writing, electronically or orally, including the Service but does not include information which is, or becomes, publicly available other than through unauthorized disclosure by the other party.
means any data inputted by You or with Your authority into the Website.
"Intellectual Property Right"
means any patent, trade mark, service mark, copyright, moral right, right in a design, know-how and any other intellectual or industrial property rights, anywhere in the world whether or not registered.
means the fee (excluding any taxes and duties) payable by Business Users in accordance with the Fee Schedule for the data aggregation Service.
means the billing schedule set out between Sophtron and Business Users for the provided data aggregation Service, which may be updated or amended by Sophtron from time to time.
means the data aggregation and personal account management services made available (as may be changed or updated from time to time by Sophtron) via the Website.
means the Internet site at the domain https://Sophtron.com or any other site operated by Sophtron.
means Sophtron, Inc. and all current and future global subsidiaries of Sophtron, Inc.
means any business entity that uses the Service for data aggregation purpose.
means the person who registers to use the Service, and, where the context permits, includes any entity on whose behalf that person registers to use the Service.
means either the Business User or Individual User. "Your" has a corresponding meaning.
2. Use of Software
Sophtron grants You the right to access and use the Service via the Website with the particular user roles available to You according to Your user type. This right is non-exclusive, non-transferable, and limited by and subject to this Agreement.
3. Your Obligations
1. Payment obligations:
For Business Users, an invoice for the Service Fee will be issued in accordance with the details set out in the Fee Schedule. Sophtron will continue invoicing You in accordance with the Fee Schedule until this Agreement is terminated in accordance with clause 8.
All Sophtron invoices will be sent to You, or to a Billing Contact whose details are provided by You, by email. Payment of all amounts specified in an invoice must be paid in accordance with the Fee Schedule. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and duties in addition to the Service Fee.
2. Preferential pricing or discounts:
You may from time to time be offered preferential pricing or discounts for the Service Fees as a result of the number of accounts that You have added to the Service or that have been added with Your authority or as a result of Your use of the Service ('Accounts'). Eligibility for such preferential pricing or discounts is conditional upon Your acceptance of responsibility for payment of any Service Fees in relation to all of Your Accounts. Without prejudice to any other rights that Sophtron may have under these Terms or at law, Sophtron reserves the right to render invoices for the full (non-discounted) Service Fees due or suspend or terminate Your use of the Service in respect of any or all of Your Accounts in the event that any invoices for those Service Fees are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule.
3. General obligations:
You must only use the Service and Website for Your own lawful internal business or individual purposes, in accordance with these Terms and any notice sent by Sophtron or condition posted on the Website. You may use the Service and Website on behalf of others or in order to provide services to others but if You do so you must ensure that You are authorized to do so and that all persons for whom or to whom services are provided comply with and accept all terms of this Agreement that apply to You.
4. Access conditions:
- 1. You must ensure that all usernames and passwords required to access the Service are kept secure and confidential. You must immediately notify Sophtron of any unauthorized use of Your passwords or any other breach of security and Sophtron will reset Your password and You must take all other actions that Sophtron reasonably deems necessary to maintain or enhance the security of Sophtron's computing systems and networks and Your access to the Services.
2. As a condition of these Terms, when accessing and using the Services, You must:
i. not attempt to undermine the security or integrity of Sophtron's computing systems or networks or, where the Services are hosted by a third party, that third party's computing systems and networks;
ii. not use, or misuse, the Services in any way which may impair the functionality of the Services or Website, or other systems used to deliver the Services or impair the ability of any other user to use the Services or Website;
iii. not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any materials other than those to which You have been given express permission to access or to the computer system on which the Services are hosted;
iv. not transmit, or input into the Website, any: files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive, or material or Data in violation of any law (including Data or other material protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use); and
v. not attempt to modify, copy, adapt, reproduce, disassemble, decompile or reverse engineer any computer programs used to deliver the Services or to operate the Website except as is strictly necessary to use either of them for normal operation.
- 3. Usage Limitations:
Use of the Service may be subject to limitations, including but not limited to monthly transaction volumes and the number of calls You are permitted to make against Sophtron’s application programming interface. Any such limitations will be advised.
4. Communication Conditions:
As a condition of these Terms, if You use any communication tools available through the Website (such as any forum, chat room or message center), You agree only to use such communication tools for lawful and legitimate purposes. You must not use any such communication tool for posting or disseminating any material unrelated to the use of the Services, including (but not limited to): offers of goods or services for sale, unsolicited commercial e-mail, files that may damage any other person's computing devices or software, content that may be offensive to any other users of the Services or the Website, or material in violation of any law (including material that is protected by copyright or trade secrets which You do not have the right to use).
When You make any communication on the Website, You represent that You are permitted to make such communication. Sophtron is under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the Website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the Services. As with any other web-based forum, You must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the Website. However, Sophtron does reserve the right to remove any communication at any time in its sole discretion.
You indemnify Sophtron against: all claims, costs, damage and loss arising from Your breach of any of these Terms or any obligation You may have to Sophtron, including (but not limited to) any costs relating to the recovery of any Service Fees that are due but have not been paid by You.
4. Confidentiality and Privacy
Unless the relevant party has the prior written consent of the other or unless required to do so by law:
1. Each party will preserve the confidentiality of all Confidential Information of the other obtained in connection with these Terms. Neither party will, without the prior written consent of the other, disclose or make any Confidential Information available to any person, or use the same for its own benefit, other than as contemplated by these Terms.
2. Each party's obligations under this clause will survive termination of these Terms.
3. The provisions of clauses 4.1.1 and 4.1.2 shall not apply to any information which:
i. is or becomes public knowledge other than by a breach of this clause;
ii. is received from a third party who lawfully acquired it and who is under no obligation restricting its disclosure;
iii. is in the possession of the receiving party without restriction in relation to disclosure before the date of receipt from the disclosing party; or
iv. is independently developed without access to the Confidential Information.
and You will be taken to have accepted that policy when You accept these Terms.
5. Intellectual Property
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in the Services, the Website and any documentation relating to the Services remain the property of Sophtron (or its licensors).
2. Ownership of Data:
Title to, and all Intellectual Property Rights in, the Data remain Your property. However, Your access to the Data is contingent on full payment of the Sophtron Service Fee when due. You grant Sophtron a license to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up Your information and Data for the purposes of enabling You to access and use the Services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to You.
3. Backup of Data:
You must maintain copies of all Data inputted into the Service. Sophtron adheres to its best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but does not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of Data. Sophtron expressly excludes liability for any loss of Data no matter how caused.
4. Third-party applications and your Data.
If You enable third-party applications for use in conjunction with the Services, You acknowledge that Sophtron may allow the providers of those third-party applications to access Your Data as required for the interoperation of such third-party applications with the Services. Sophtron shall not be responsible for any disclosure, modification or deletion of Your Data resulting from any such access by third-party application providers.
6. Warranties and Acknowledgements
You warrant that where You have registered to use the Service on behalf of another person, You have the authority to agree to these Terms on behalf of that person and agree that by registering to use the Service You bind the person on whose behalf You act to the performance of any and all obligations that You become subject to by virtue of these Terms, without limiting Your own personal obligations under these Terms.
You acknowledge that:
3. The provision of, access to, and use of, the Services is on an "as is " basis and at Your own risk.
1. You are authorized to use the Services and the Website and to access the information and Data that You input into the Website, including any information or Data input into the Website by any person you have authorized to use the Service. You are also authorized to access the processed information and Data that is made available to You through Your use of the Website and the Services (whether that information and Data is Your own or that of anyone else).
2. Sophtron has no responsibility to any person other than You and nothing in this Agreement confers, or purports to confer, a benefit on any person other than You. If You use the Services or access the Website on behalf of or for the benefit of anyone other than yourself (whether a body corporate or otherwise) you agree that:
i. You are responsible for ensuring that You have the right to do so;
ii. You are responsible for authorizing any person who is given access to information or Data, and you agree that Sophtron has no obligation to provide any person access to such information or Data without Your authorization and may refer any requests for information to You to address; and
iii. You will indemnify Sophtron against any claims or loss relating to:
i. Sophtron's refusal to provide any person access to Your information or Data in accordance with these Terms,
ii. Sophtron’s making available information or Data to any person with Your authorization.
4. Sophtron does not warrant that the use of the Service will be uninterrupted or error free. Among other things, the operation and availability of the systems used for accessing the Service, including public telephone services, computer networks and the Internet, can be unpredictable and may from time to time interfere with or prevent access to the Services. Sophtron is not in any way responsible for any such interference or prevention of Your access or use of the Services.
5. It is Your sole responsibility to determine that the Services meet the needs of Your business and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
6. You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable laws. It is Your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your Data via the Software and the Website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
3. No warranties:
Sophtron gives no warranty about the Services. Without limiting the foregoing, Sophtron does not warrant that the Services will meet Your requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and non-infringement.
7. Limitation of Liability
1. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Sophtron excludes all liability and responsibility to You (or any other person) in contract, tort (including negligence), or otherwise, for any loss (including loss of information, Data, profits and savings) or damage resulting, directly or indirectly, from any use of, or reliance on, the Service or Website.
2. If You suffer loss or damage as a result of Sophtron's negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by You against Sophtron arising from Sophtron's negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the Service Fees paid by You in the previous 12 months.
3. If You are not satisfied with the Service, Your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these Terms in accordance with Clause 8.
1. No-fault termination:
These Terms will continue for the period covered by the Service Fee paid or payable under clause 3.1. At the end of each billing period these Terms will automatically continue for another period of the same duration as that period, provided You continue to pay the prescribed Service Fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule, unless either party terminates these Terms by giving at least one month’s advance written notice. If You elect to terminate these Terms by providing one month's’ advance written notice, You shall be liable to pay all relevant Service Fees up to and including the day of termination of these Terms.
1. breach any of these Terms and do not remedy the breach within 14 days after receiving notice of the breach if the breach is capable of being remedied;
2. breach any of these Terms and the breach is not capable of being remedied (which includes (without limitation) any breach of clause 3.4 or any payment of Service Fees that are not paid in full in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule); or
3. You or Your business become insolvent or Your business goes into liquidation or has a receiver or manager appointed of any of its assets or if You become insolvent, or make any arrangement with Your creditors, or become subject to any similar insolvency event in any jurisdiction,
Sophtron may take any or all of the following actions, at its sole discretion:
For the avoidance of doubt, if payment of any invoice for Service Fees due in relation to any of Your Billing Contacts, Billing Plans or any of Your Accounts (as defined at clause 3) is not made in accordance with the requirements set out in the Fee Schedule, Sophtron may: suspend or terminate Your use of the Service, the authority for all or any of Your Accounts to use the Service, or Your rights of access to all or any Data.
1. Terminate this Agreement and Your use of the Services and the Website;
2. Suspend for any definite or indefinite period of time, Your use of the Services and the Website;
3. Suspend or terminate access to all or any Data.
3. Accrued Rights:
Termination of these Terms is without prejudice to any rights and obligations of the parties accrued up to and including the date of termination. On termination of this Agreement You will:
1. remain liable for any accrued charges and amounts which become due for payment before or after termination; and
2. immediately cease to use the Services and the Website.
4. Expiry or termination:
Clauses 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 survive the expiry or termination of these Terms.
9. Help Desk
1. Technical Problems:
In the case of technical problems You must make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting Sophtron. If You still need technical help, please check the support provided online by Sophtron on the Website or failing that email us at support@Sophtron.com.
2. Service availability:
Whilst Sophtron intends that the Services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the Services or Website may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place.
If for any reason Sophtron has to interrupt the Services for longer periods than Sophtron would normally expect, Sophtron will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the Website.
1. Entire agreement:
If either party waives any breach of these Terms, this will not constitute a waiver of any other breach. No waiver will be effective unless made in writing.
Neither party will be liable for any delay or failure in performance of its obligations under these Terms if the delay or failure is due to any cause outside its reasonable control. This clause does not apply to any obligation to pay money.
4. No Assignment:
You may not assign or transfer any rights to any other person without Sophtron's prior written consent.
5. Governing law and jurisdiction:
If You are a resident of the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms then the laws of the State of Washington, U.S.A govern this Agreement and Sophtron and You agree that the U.S. Dispute Resolution Process described below applies for all disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement or in any way relating to the Service – PLEASE READ THE U.S. DISPUTE RESOLUTION PROCESS CAREFULLY AS IT REQUIRES THE USE OF ARBITRATION ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS TO RESOLVE DISPUTES, RATHER THAN JURY TRIALS OR CLASS ACTIONS, AND ALSO LIMITS THE REMEDIES AVAILABLE TO YOU IN THE EVENT OF A DISPUTE.
If any part or provision of these Terms is invalid, unenforceable or in conflict with the law, that part or provision is replaced with a provision which, as far as possible, accomplishes the original purpose of that part or provision. The remainder of this Agreement will be binding on the parties.
Any notice given under these Terms by either party to the other must be in writing by email and will be deemed to have been given on transmission. Notices to Sophtron must be sent to support@Sophtron.com or to any other email address notified by email to You by Sophtron. Notices to You will be sent to the email address which You provided when setting up Your access to the Service.
8. Rights of Third Parties:
A person who is not a party to these Terms has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these Terms.
11. Additional terms for United States of America
If You are a resident of the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is solely that of a person who is a resident in the United States of America, the following additional terms apply:
U.S. Dispute Resolution Process
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY – IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
The following U.S. Dispute Resolution Process applies to residents in the United States of America, or if the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms or if you otherwise seek to resolve a dispute in the U.S. If You are a resident in the United States of America or the information or Data You are accessing using the Services and the Website is that of a person who is a resident in the United States of America at the time that You accept these terms, You agree with Sophtron as follows:
Most customer concerns can be resolved quickly and to the customer's satisfaction by emailing our customer experience team at support@Sophtron.com. IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT OUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE TEAM IS UNABLE TO RESOLVE A COMPLAINT YOU MAY HAVE TO YOUR SATISFACTION (OR IF WE HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WE HAVE WITH YOU AFTER ATTEMPTING TO DO SO INFORMALLY), WE EACH AGREE TO RESOLVE THOSE DISPUTES THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT INSTEAD OF IN COURTS OF GENERAL JURISDICTION. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. ANY ARBITRATION UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL TAKE PLACE ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS; YOU AGREE WITH Sophtron THAT CLASS ARBITRATIONS AND CLASS ACTIONS ARE NOT PERMITTED. For any non-frivolous claim that does not exceed $10,000, Sophtron will pay AAA filing, administrative and arbitrator costs. Moreover, in arbitration You are entitled to recover attorneys' fees from Sophtron to at least the same extent as You would be in court.
b. U.S. Dispute Resolution Process.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICE OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that You may assert claims in small claims court if Your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply Washington law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE WITH Sophtron THAT YOU AND Sophtron ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE WITH Sophtron TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE WITH Sophtron THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
Last updated: July 2017